At Millfield Lead Academy we build on the L.E.A.D. principles, and take into account the particular needs of children who attend the school.
We will provide a curriculum that:
- Is relevant to the pupils and helps them to understand the world they live in and contribute to it;
- Provides opportunities to look beyond the everyday experiences;
- Ensures that pupils are industrious and have a thirst for and love of learning;
- Can evolve to meet new needs and challenges;
- Supports a culture where aspirations are high and success is valued;
- Provides integrated learning experiences that are creative, engaging, enriching and encourage independent learning;
- Develops high-level functional skills, particularly literacy and numeracy;
- Takes into account the content of the National Curriculum and legal requirements for the curriculum;
- Ensures pupils leave the school well-prepared for the next stage of education having made good progress and reached standards that are the platform for continued success.
For more information about our exciting curriculum please contact Mr Aaron Jordan, Assistant Head and Curriculum Leader